In his daily press briefing today, Senior Minister (Security) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri has clarified the need use the MySejahtera app or at the petrol station.
Need to use
- In-store transactions or ATM machine withdrawals
- Using the toilet or surau
- Sending the car for maintenance, repairs at petrol stations which have workshops
- Manual car wash
Don’t need to use
- Paying at the pump using a card/app and not going into the store.
- Paying through the pigeon hole where there’s no contact between the cashier and customer (except when there’s a queue)
- Auto carwash where the payment is done outside of the store and the driver doesn’t need to go in to pay
- Filling up tyres with air
There was confusion among the public earlier as the police said that it’s mandatory to register with the MySejahtera app when filling up using self-service kiosks at petrol stations, according to reports by Malay Mail.